watercolor minimalist posters tutorial
people asked me how to do something like here, so here’s a simple tutorial for how to make a watercolor minimalist poster!
our final result will look like this.
- first choose a picture you want to make a minimalist poster out of it. try to pick something like a cartoon or drawing and not an actual picture. for the tutorial i’ll be using this silhouette.
- paste the picture you want in photoshop, and cut the background. if you’re using a silhouette, you can just use the magic wand tool.
- now pick a watercolor texture you’d like to use. there are really nice textures here.
- [aste it in photoshop and then right click on the watercolor texture layer. choose Create Clipping Mask, you can move the texture until you’re happy with the way it looks on your picture.
- almost done! this one is kind of an extra, but i think it makes it look much better. take a white, grainy texture (i’m using this one) and place it over the watercolor texture. change the mode to Darken, and the opacity to 50% (or whatever you want, i think it looks best on 50%)
- you can add text if you’d like to, and you’re done!
- my result:
i hope this tutorial was clear, if you need any help, you can always ask me here.